Welcome to my online resume, if you’re here I am assuming you want an idea of what my experience and capabilities are.
I lead development and product teams to succeed by setting up and evolving the development strategies that scale, as well as impact key business products and outcomes.
Atlassian - Senior Engineer
May 2020 - Present
Working closely within a highly performant team to deliver key business objectives around Jira capabilties enhancement.
Grow Super - Tech Lead
December 2019 - April 2020
As part of this role, I am involved in gathering and digesting, business and user experience requirements to come up with system architecture for reliable, scalable and maintainable systems. This involves working with extremely complicated Australian and New Zealand super industry also adopting the best tools and architectures out there for data intensive applications.
My day to day role includes, but is not limited to:
- Working closely with product owners and user experience designers to lay the roadmap for building new and existing services that meet client needs while at the same time maintaining product growth trajectory.`
- Doing initial large impact pre-MVP/MVP product build before handing it off to feature teams.
- Coaching and mentoring software engineers across all levels.
Grow Super — Lead Software Engineer
July 2019 — December 2019
As part of this role, I was involved in building out both green and brownfield projects from scratch and working closely with the product, design and external stakeholders to deliver the best technology outcomes for our end users.
- Worked closely with CTO and product team to roll out the user security on our mothership distributed ledger application.
- Designed and built the reporting infrastructure from grounds up using Kotlin, Springboot and Docker.
- Championed the use of modern development practices, proper service oriented architecture and TDD, including holding internal mentorship sessions with various team members.
Ordermentum — Senior Software Engineer/Platform Lead
June 2018 – July 2019
Joined the team as a senior engineer leading the technical design and delivering scalable and performant event-driven JVM based microservices for a team looking to move away from NodeJS monolith.
- Onboarded the whole team to formalised development practices using Kotlin/JVM stack and scaled out the fledgling JVM stack.
- Led and owned the platform integration project, helping the system integrate with leading accounting and ERP solutions providers such as Oracle Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Myob, Xero and Reckon etc.
- Built and delivered the rewrite of the reporting engine, that enabled users to request on demand reports as well as dynamic scheduled reports which drove business delivery for key clients.
- Created an open sourced [Rust] utility that formed a key piece of business functionality relied on by clients.
JP Morgan - Associate Software Engineer
Dec 2016 - June 2018
Working in this role, I wore many hats and worked across various agile feature teams across the custody, fund management and risk lines of business. Some key deliverables and objectives that I worked on my time there included working on a fund management exception and reporting system, a risk reporting system, and several other smaller projects.
- Worked closely with fund managers to build out an exception management system with backend in Java and frontend in AngularJS which was later migrated to Angular 4.
- Worked alongside the DevOps and production support teams to deliver CI/CD value across the whole organisation and upgraded out production monitoring services.
- Worked with teams across three timezones to upgrade a risk and compliance reporting system which delivered reports directly to trustees and investment managers.
Tools and Languages
Backend Frameworks: Spring, Vert.x, Http4k
Frontend Frameworks: VueJS, React
Database: Postgresql, Mongodb, Sybase
Devops: AWS, Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker, Packer
Methodologies: Agile, Kanban, Waterfall